Friday, June 20, 2008

A most excellent wedding

most righteous wedding cake of aunt barbara

I've been on the road (still am), so it's been hard to find time to update this blog. Not for want of news, though. The biggest and best piece of news is that the wedding of my charming, gorgeous, funny, witty, and talented god-daughter, Katie, to her equally charming, funny, witty and talented fiance, Adam*, went off without a hitch this past Saturday in Scottsville, VA. It was a terrific wedding, not a dry eye in the crowd, and a wonderful time was had by all. I particularly appreciated the chance to get to know Adam's family better (including his Aunt Barbara, who made the most righteous wedding cake pictured above, and took far better pictures of the wedding than I could manage), as well as the opportunity to see Paddy's family, who made the trip north from Huntsville, AL for the occasion. Celebrations lasted from Thursday evening to Sunday at noon, and it really was a terrific occasion. I could post photos for days, but will limit myself to one more, of the bride and groom:

first dance

* : oh, OK - Adam is a fine-looking young man, but I draw the line at 'gorgeous'. :-)

Some more wedding pictures can be found on my Flick'r photostream at http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaelstat/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What about you, David? Is that wedding bells I hear?