Friday, September 21, 2007

Postcard from San Francisco

So, I've been home for about 4 days. I had half-expected a sense of letdown at this point, but quite the reverse is the case. If anything, there is a sense of exhilaration about life in general. I'm really enjoying the comforts of being home - being able to play the piano whenever the mood takes me, playing with the kitties, seeing friends again, walking around the neighborhood, catching up on my correspondence, going on a reading binge. (What a binge - my goodreads "currently reading" shelf has expanded to 8 books, which is probably something of an underestimate. And, no, I don't have ADD, I just read very fast - for instance, last night I inhaled Carolyn Parkhurst's wonderful "The Dogs of Babel" in a single, 3-hour sitting).

Part of what contributes to this exhilaration is a sense of deep appreciation for what life has given me, as well as a renewed sense of optimism about the future, buoyed by a sense of accomplishment. Because, you know, I did plan and execute my Spanish adventure. And had a blast. Giving me the confidence to imagine, and start to plan, further adventures.

So I think that Buenos Aires in the new year is a definite possibility. Maybe it's time to set up an Argentinian bookshelf on goodreads.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's come to this, I'm reading your goodreads.com comments to catch up w/ you!

We want more: The San Francisco Chronicles???

Pb

Anonymous said...

David is MIA.

Anonymous said...

Sr. David,

Excellent to hear that you made it home safe and sound. I hope the last part of your Spanish adventure was amazing, and that you're looking forward for many more to come.

Qué le vaya bien,

Brys Stafford

Puzzled said...

It's great to have you back. I hope we can F2F dine in the City in the near future.

Are you blogging at a new location, or just taking a break?

Anonymous said...

David,

Thank you for your Spanish Blog and other things, especially the Wilbur Chronicles and the poems. I look forward to seeing new material on your website.

Jared