Thursday, May 22, 2008

An open letter to Montezuma

Dear Monte:

This is just a little note to say "ENOUGH WITH THE REVENGE ALREADY!!" What are you thinking? I really think you must be mixing me up with someone else. Let me just say at the outset that, although I have visited Spain, that's as far as the association goes. A simple fact-checking of history would suggest that, as an Irishman, I have far more in common with the colonized, rather than the colonizers. So, if you could let up already with your fabled revenge, I sure would appreciate it.

And here's a thought on a related, albeit tangential, subject. I know that when the makers of the fine bottled water, "Cryspura", brought in the naming experts to find a suitably evocative name for their product, that they wanted the name to conjure up images of a crystalline source, outstanding in its purity. What they seem to have overlooked, particularly to someone undergoing the wrath of Monte, are the subliminal associations with such other words as "Cryptosporidium" and "spoor". Which is probably not what they had in mind.

Just sayin', that's all. Peace out.

No comments: