Friday, April 3, 2009

Ratoncito Redux

Well, clearly all this talk of the delightful little mouse could not go without consequences. While chowing down on a particularly delicious tapa in Seville, I dislodged an alarmingly large piece of dental porcelain from the lower right hand corner of my mouth. An artefact that had once been referred to as a "crown and post", and which cost a small fortune to have installed. It came out so naturally that I have no choice but to believe that the time had come for us to part ways.

The only consolation is that I had resisted the temptation to indulge in some porcelainophilic candy treats at the movies on Monday evening; had it occurred then, I would have felt guilty about it for months. As it is, I just figure that it was the Ratoncito's revenge for having blogged about him a few weeks earlier.

No blood. No pain. Just another reminder that life in one's fifties is not completely without hazard.

No comments: