Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bibliomania

Of course it was bound to happen. After weeks of (relative) self-restraint, I ended up going on a binge today in the Libreria del Libertador on the Avenida Corrientes, leaving with roughly a dozen books in various categories. The fact that I paid only a fistful of dollars for them is of no consequence - their purchase has definitively pushed me over the threshold, meaning that a trip to the DHL office later in the week to arrange shipping is now no longer optional, but mandatory. On the plus side, this means I can enjoy a further binge tomorrow, secure in the knowledge that one might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. Relative to the cost of shipping the first 10 kilos, that for the next 5 kilos is peanuts.

I blame Ciro for this. Routing our afternoon stroll past the bookstore in question was an act of sheer gleeful malevolence on his part. He knows full well that the Libreria del Libertador is my particular Achilles heel here in Buenos Aires.

In other news, plans for my Madrid trip are now final - I will be leaving San Francisco on Friday, October 23rd, arriving back the evening of Tuesday, December 1st. I should get back to San Francisco from B.A. this coming Sunday afternoon (October 4th).

No comments: